Vtech Baby Monitor FAQs:
How to setup a Vtech baby monitor?
- 1Plug the baby monitor into the electrical socket. Make sure that the adapter is all the way plugged into the monitor.
- 2Turn on the baby monitor.
- 3Charge the baby monitor. The battery should automatically be charged when you first turn it on. Note: It takes 11 hours to fully charge the battery.
- 4Test out the baby monitor to ensure that you’re getting a quality sound and image. The baby monitor and the parent unit should both be turned on.
- 5Place the baby out of reach of your child and at an angle where you can get the perfect image. Don’t place the baby monitor more than 3 ft. away from your baby.
- 6The parent unit should NOT be within 3 ft. of the baby monitor.
How to pair a Vtech baby monitor?
- 1Press the Menu/Select button on the Parent unit.
- 2Press the Volume UP/DOWN button to choose PAIR/UNPAIR, and hit Menu/Select to choose Pair New Cam.
- 3Press the Volume UP/DOWN button to choose the baby slot that you want.
- 4After the sceen displays, hold the plus and minus sign at the same time until the RED and GREEN light flashes.
- 5If pairing is successul, the image will display from the newly paired camera unit.
- 6If pairing fails, try the steps listed above again using a different baby slot.
What is the Vtech baby monitor warranty?
What is the Vtech baby monitor frequency?
Vtech baby monitors operate on 3 different frequencies; 1.9 GHz, 2.4 GHz, and 5.0 GHz frequencies.
How does the Vtech baby monitor work?
Vtech video baby monitors are equipped with an array of features including, but not limited to, Infrared Night Vision, Pan, Tilt, and Zoom, a sound alert, and temperature control and sensor. They also allow you to add up to 4 cameras that can be viewed at the same time using a split-screen feature.
The audio-only Vtech baby monitors are engineered with DECT technology that provides a wide range and superior security to keep people from tuning in to your baby’s feed. Most of their audio-only monitors include an easy-to-use talk back feature that lets you communicate with your little one. Additionally, if you turn the sound off on your baby monitor, you can wear it on your person, and the vibration feature will alert you when your baby is making noise.
How do you unpair a Vtech baby monitor camera?
NOTE: both the parent and baby unit should both be on before you unpair the camera.
- 1Press Menu on the Parent unit.
- 2Press the Volume UP/DOWN button to choose PAIR/UNPAIR, then hit Select.
- 3Hit Select again to choose UNPAIR CAM.
- 4Press the Volume UP/DOWN button to choose the baby unit you want to unpair, then hit Select.
- 5Press the ZOOM button when the screen displays “To unpair CAM # from the system”.
- 6Press Select to confirm.
- 7When unpairing is successful, the screen will display “No CAM paired” or the next paired baby unit.
Where should you put a Vtech baby monitor?
A Vtech baby monitor should be at least 3 ft. away from the parent unit. You should position your baby monitor in a place where you feel that you get the best sound and image. Wherever you place your Vtech monitor, it should remain out of reach from your child.
What app works with the Vtech baby monitor?
The MyVtech Baby app is a free app for both Android and iOS devices that let you monitor your little one no matter where you are. It’s simple and easy to set up, and it gives you the ability to transform your smartphone and tablet into a portable parent unit.
With the MyVtech Baby app, you’ll also receive notifications when the baby monitor detects movement and noise coming from your baby’s room.
How do you change the frequency of a Vtech baby monitor?
I don’t think there’s a manual way to change the frequency on a Vtech baby monitor. However, some of the Vtech monitors use a Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) as a hack-proof method to transmit signals.
How it works is the frequency band that the Vtech baby monitor currently operates on is divided into sub-frequencies that signals can bounce to and from as they’re transmitted between the parent unit and the baby monitor. Baby monitors that use this method are wireless and don’t require WIFI.
How do you switch between a dual Vtech baby monitor?
NOTE: You can use your Parent unit in both the SINGLE-CAM and PATROL mode.
To switch between cameras, press the CAM button with the 2 arrows above the word. To switch between modes:
- 1Press Menu on the Parent unit.
- 2Press the side arrows to choose the option labeled with 4 squares, then press the Volume UP button.
- 3Press the Volume UP/DOWN button to choose which mode you want to use, then press Select to confirm.
- 4NOTE: When the Parent unit is in PATROL mode, it switched between each camera every 10 seconds.
What is the range on Vtech baby monitor?
Vtech baby monitors provide up to 1,000 ft. of range.
How far away should you keep your Vtech baby monitor from your baby?
Vtech baby monitors should be placed out of reach from your child, but close enough that you can receive a quality sound and image, and play lullabies for your little one without disturbing them. The law regulates that baby monitors with electrical cords must be kept at least 3 ft. away from your child. Baby monitors should NEVER go in your child’s crib.
How do you connect a Vtech baby monitor to the phone?
- 1Downlowad the MyVtech Baby app from the Google Play or Apple store.
- 2Run the app, and create a user account.
- 3Verify the account through the link sent to your email, and sign into the account.
- 4Follow the instructions on the display screen that tell you how to connect the camera unit to your account. NOTE: Make sure that you’re connected to a WIFI network when adding a camera to your account.
- 5Type in the security key that you set on your Parent Unit.
- 6You’re ready to operate your baby monitor remotely.
Vtech baby monitor customer service
One way to contact Vtech in the US is to fill out a Support Form for questions regarding a specific product, and you should expect to hear back from them within 2 business days. You can also reach them by phone at 1(800)-521-2010 or fax at 1(847)-400-3601.
Vtech baby monitor manual/user guide
You can find an array of product manuals listed in alphabetical order here. Just click on the letter that your product starts with, and brose through the list of options until you find the item you want.
Vtech baby monitor replacement parts
Where can I buy these Vtech baby monitor replacement parts:
- Extra camera
You can find these Vtech replacement parts at your local retailers and online at Amazon and eBay.
Vtech Baby Monitor Common Problems:
Vtech baby monitor no sound
If your parent unit isn’t producing sound, it could be because the sound sensitivity level is too low, or the Parent unit is too far away from the baby monitor. Try raising the sensitivity level until you hear the confirmation tone that confirms the sensor has been properly adjusted. If that doesn’t work, raise the volume on your Parent unit, and make sure that the vibration setting has been turned off. You’ll know it’s off when you hear the confirmation tone.
Vtech baby monitor won’t charge
First, make sure that the battery is properly installed and that the monitor is plugged securely in the outlet. If everything is as it should be, try resetting the Parent and baby unit. To do this, unplug both the Parent and baby unit, remove the batteries, wait a few seconds, and reinstall the batteries and reconnect the power adapter. Give the baby monitor some time to link back up to the Parent unit.
Vtech baby monitor keeps beeping
If the Parent unit is beeping, it’s because it’s lost connection with the baby unit. If you want to stop the beeping, you can either reconnect your Parent unit to the baby monitor or turn off the No Link alert to keep the Parent unit from beeping.
Vtech baby monitor won’t pair
If the baby monitor won’t pair, it could be because there’s interference between the baby monitor and other wireless devices in your house. NOTE: If your baby monitor operates on the same frequency as the wireless devices in your house, then there’s a higher risk of interference.
It could also be because the Parent Unit is too far away from the baby monitor. To rectify this situation, try resetting both the Parent and baby unit.
Vtech baby monitor not connecting to the camera
- 1Turn the Parent unit and baby monitor off.
- 2Turn the Parent unit back on and way until you see “No Link CAM” display on the screen.
- 3Quickly turn the baby monitor back on.
- 4Give the camera time to reconnect.
- 5If this process fails, repat it until the link is re-established.
Vtech baby monitor sound cuts out
If the sound keeps cutting out on your Vtech baby monitor, it could be because you need to replace the battery. Either change the battery or power your baby monitor using AC power.
Vtech baby monitor sensitivity
The higher the sensitivity level, the more sounds the baby monitor is able to pick up in your baby’s room. Adjust the sensitivity level to the level that’s comfortable for you.
Vtech baby monitor won't turn on
Make sure that you’re using the power supply that came with your baby monitor. If your Vtech monitor isn’t turning on, it could be an outlet issue. Check that the outlet is working by plugging something else into, and see if it works. Turn both the Parent and baby monitor on. Try holding the Power button for at least 2 seconds to turn them on.
Vtech baby monitor keeps losing signal
If the Vtech baby monitor keeps losing signal, it could be because you’ve gone past the range limit. Move your Parent unit closer to the baby monitor, but be sure to keep them at least 3 ft. apart.
Vtech Baby Monitor Installation:
Vtech baby monitor wall mount
- 1Using a pencil, mark 2 parallel holes on the wall that are the same distance apart as the mount halls on the baby monitor.
- 2Align the wall mount. Tighten the screws in the middle hole first, then tighten the screw in the hole on top.
- 3Place the baby monitor on the wall mount bracket.
- 4Tighten the screw into the socket located on the bottom to secure the baby monitor.