Motorola Baby Monitor FAQ’s:
How to set up a Motorola baby monitor?
Before you set up your Motorola baby monitor, you must establish a radio frequency between the monitor and the parent unit.
Also, you should keep in mind that any large objects such as thick walls, metal, and other sold structures located between the monitor and the parent unit can disrupt the signal.
Lastly, if you have any other 2.4 GHz wireless products, they may cause interference, so you should keep your baby monitor at least 1 meter away from them.
- 1Place the baby monitor in a secure spot and point the camera on the area that you want to keep an eye on.
- 2Adjust the angle of the camera from the parent unit until you get the image you want on your parent unit.
- 3IMPORTANT: Keep the baby monitor out of your child’s reach. If interference becomes an issue, try switching the monitor to a different location.
- 1Locate a power adapter that’s easy to access.
- 2Plug the monitor into the adapter. The monitor must be within 5 feet of your baby with no obstructions in the way to block the sound.
How to pair a Motorola baby monitor?
Your baby monitor should already be paired to your parent unit. You should only have to pair it if the link is lost between the parent unit and the monitor. Follow the steps below to pair your baby monitor.
- 1Press the button on the parent unit that brings up the menu bar.
- 2Use the left and right buttons to find the option that brings up the “add, delete, view, and scan” menu (the option looks like a circle with a little dot in it).
- 3Select add and press OK to confirm.
- 4Camera 1,2,3,4 will pop up. Choose the desired camera and press OK to search for a camera unit. You should see “press PAIR on cam” appear.
- 5Press and hold the PAIR button, located underneath the baby monitor, until the parent unit finds the camera, you hear a beep sound, and PAIR OK shows up on the screen. The camera should now be paired to parent unit.
How to connect Motorola baby monitor to wifi?
Make sure that you set up a very strong username and password when connecting your baby monitor to WIFI. To connect your Motorola baby monitor to the internet, follow the steps listed below.
- 1Connect the power adapter to an appropriate mains power socket, and put the plug in the micro USB socket located on the back of the camera unit.
- 2Turn the camera unit on.
- 3Make sure that the camera unit is within range of the WIFI router.
NOTE: Baby monitors can not be set up using a PC.
Connect to WIFI using an Android device.
- 1Make sure you have everything you need.
- 2Turn your camera unit ON and make sure that the camera is connected. You’ll know it’s finished booting when you see a red light flash and hear a beep sound.
- 3Download Hubble for Motorola Monitors from the Google Play store.
- 4Enter your account information and agree to the terms and conditions.
- 5Add the camera to your account.
- 6After connecting your camera to the Hubble app, select the WIFI network you’ll be using.
- 7If connection fails, hit RETRY.
This video will demonstrate how to properly connect your baby monitor to the WIFI using an android device.
Connect to WIFI using an Apple product?
- 1Make sure that you have everything you need.
- 2Turn the camera on, and make sure that it’s properly set up.
- 3Download Hubble for Motorola Monitors, from the Apple store, on your iPhone/iPad.
- 4Enter you account information and agree to the terms and conditions.
- 5Add the camera to your account.
- 6Select the WIFI network you’ll be using.
- 7If connection fails, hit RETRY.
This short video will show you how to properly connect your baby monitor to the WIFI using your apple device.
How to connect a Motorola baby monitor to an iPhone?
- 1Download Hubble for Motorola Monitors from the Apple store.
- 2Enter your account information and agree to the terms and conditions.
- 3Add your camera to the account.
- 4Follow the Bluetooth setup instructions that appear on the screen.
- 5Once your bluetooth is connected, instructions should automatically appear on how to connect your camera to your iPhone.
- 6Hit Continue when the indicator light starts to blink.
- 7Select the Camera ID, and hit Connect when it appears on your iOS device.
- 8Put in the connection of the Camera Unit, and tap Connect.
- 9Connect to the WIFI network.
- 10If the connection fails, hit RETRY.
What is the Motorola baby monitor warranty?
Motorola offers a 1-year warranty on baby monitors, a 6-month warranty on batteries, and a 90-day warranty on software such as memory cards and CD-ROM’s.
Where to buy Motorola baby monitor?
You can find Motorola baby monitors at your local retailers and baby stores, as well as online from their home website and Amazon.
The video listed in the section, “Connect to WIFI using an Apple product” contains a short video that’ll demonstrate how to connect your baby monitor to your iPhone.
How do you reset a Motorola baby monitor?
NOTE: If the camera is moved to another router, or there are set up issues, then the camera must be reset.
- 1Turn the camera off.
- 2Hold the PAIR button down, then turn the camera back on.
- 3Only release the PAIR button after you’ve heard a beep sound, and give the Camera unit time to complete the internal reset procedure.
- 4You’ll know that the reset has been done correctly once the red LED light starts flashing.
Motorola baby monitor customer service
Motorola offers a 24/7 virtual chat line where you can speak with a live agent whenever you need to. You can also speak with Motorola via Facebook, Twitter, and an online community of customers and product testers.
Lastly, you can contact Motorola by phone Monday-Friday between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
CT, and Saturday and Sunday between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. CT.
Motorola baby monitor manual/user guide
You can download the manual for each Motorola baby monitor by going to this page and clicking on the baby monitor of your choice. You’ll then be directed to its specific page, and there you’ll see an option to download the user manual/guide.
Motorola baby monitor replacement parts
- Parent unit
- Extra camera
You can find these Motorola replacement parts online on sites like Amazon and eBay. They’re also located online at Baby-Monitor where they sell Motorola baby monitor replacement parts from the past 2 years.
Motorola Baby Monitor Common Problems:
If your baby monitor experiences any of the following troubleshooting problems, try out these simple fixes.
Motorola baby monitor no sound
- 1Make sure the volume is turned up on the Parent unit.
- 2Make sure that the baby monitor is properly plugged in.
- 3Check that the Parent unit and the baby monitor is on.
- 4Make sure that the Parent unit is in range of the baby monitor. If it is, try moving closer to the baby monitor.
- 5Adjust the antenna so that it’s pointed in the proper direction.
- 6If the problem persists, contact customer support.
Motorola baby monitor won’t charge
- 1Make sure that the Parent unit is securely connected to the electrical outlet.
- 2Try plugging in other things to the outlet to ensure that it’s working.
- 3Make sure that the battery is installed properly.
Motorola baby monitor keeps beeping
- 1Ensure that the Parent unit is turned on.
- 2Check that the beeping isn’t the result of an alarm going off.
- 3Make sure that the baby monitor is plugged in securely.
- 4Make sure that the outlet is working by plugging something else into it.
- 5Make sure that the Parent unit is not outside of range from the baby monitor. Adjust the antenna to get the best reception.
Motorola baby monitor won’t pair
- 1Star off by recharging the battery in the Parent unit.
- 2Make sure that the Parent unit is in range of the baby monitor.
- 3Unplug both the Parent unit and Baby monitor. Wait a few minutes, then reconnect the units and give it about 30 seconds for the two units to link back up.
Motorola baby monitor not connecting to the camera
- 1Try resetting the parent unit and re-pairing the camera.
- 2Select Add Camera and choose the camera you want to connect.
- 3Press Pair Cam on the bottom of the unit and press the Pair button. You’ll know that the camera is re-paired after the confirmation beep sounds.
Motorola Baby Monitor Installation:
Motorola baby monitor mount
The Motorola StarGrip lets you mount your baby monitor wherever you want. It can attach to bookshelves, walls, brackets and more! Motorola products that are compatible with the StarGrip should already have them in the package with their product.
You can mount your Motorola baby monitor using anything from velcro to gorilla hooks, and command hooks to keep the cord out of reach from your child.