Summer Infant Baby Monitor FAQs:
How to program/sync a Summer baby monitor?
- 1Place the baby monitor and camera in the same place, and turn them both on.
- 2Tap the control pad on the monitor to add a camera.
- 3Press the right arrow button and select the CAMERA option.
- 4Confirm ADD CAM.
- 5Press the code button located on the back of the monitor to begin synching. The LED should start blinking.
- 6When synching is susccessful, the LED light will stop blinking, and an image of the camera will appear on the screen.
What app can I use with my Summer baby monitor? How do I use the app?
You can use the Summer Infant Baby Monitor app that’s available for ios, Androids, and Blackberry devices. The Summer app gives you constant access to your little one no matter where you are. To use the app, simply download it to your device, create an account, and connect your camera to the app. Then, use the various navigational tools to control different settings in your baby monitor.
NOTE: You must purchase the Peek Plus, Peek Internet Viewable Monitoring System, or the Connect Internet Viewable Monitoring System to use this app.
How do I reset my Summer baby monitor?
To reset your Summer baby monitor, follow the same instructions listed in the “How to program/synch a Summer baby monitor."
NOTE: Make sure your camera is not connected to your baby monitor before you reset it.
What is the Summer baby monitor frequency?
The Summer baby monitor operates at 2.4 GHz.
What is the light bulb icon on the Summer baby monitor?
The Summer baby monitor is equipped with a night light feature to soothe your baby to sleep. The light bulb icon lets you control the brightness of the night light without having to step foot in your baby’s room.
What is the Summer baby monitor warranty?
Summer baby monitors are backed by a 1-year warranty.
Have any Summer baby monitors been recalled?
In 2014, the US government recalled over 800,000 baby monitors due to a burn hazard. Before that, in 2011, 58,800 were recalled for the same reason. The rechargeable batteries were the cause of this massive recall because they would overheat and rupture. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report, there were 22 reports of overheated and ruptured batteries.
Can Summer baby monitors be hacked?
Summer baby monitors are engineered with an encrypted and secure network to keep people from hacking into your system. Also, the camera is synced to your Peek Plus gateway at the Summer Infant factory, so if someone is trying to get into your network, Summer Infant would know.
Summer baby monitor customer service
If you need to contact Summer Infant, their telephone number is (401)-671-6551. Their business hours are:
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET
Friday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. ET
You can also complete the form on the Contact page to send a message to the Consumer Relations team.
Summer Infant baby monitor manual/user guide
Summer baby monitor replacement parts
Summer Infant Baby Monitor Common Problems:
Summer baby monitor out of range
If your baby monitor keeps saying OUT OF RANGE, then you probably need to repair your camera.
To do so, follow the instructions listed below.
- 1Place the camera and baby monitor in the same area, and turn them both on
- 2On the monitor, press the MENU button
- 3Scroll down, and select ADD CAMERA.
- 4Press and hold the scroll button on the monitor and the pair button on the camera at the same time for at least 5 seconds.
- 5An image from the camera should appear on the monitor.
- 6If pairing is unsuccessful, you’ll see an OUT OF RANGE message. Repeat the steps above, and make sure that the monitor and camera are close together.
Summer baby monitor won't sync
If your Summer baby won’t sync, you’ll need to reset your monitor and repair your camera.
Summer baby monitor no signal
If your Summer baby monitor says NO SIGNAL, you could be out of range of your baby monitor. The baby monitor only has a range of 600 ft., and solid obstructions can cause interference and disrupt the signal.
Also, you could try unplugging the parent unit and removing the batteries. From there, repair your camera and see if the problem is fixed.
Lastly, make sure that you’re using the proper power cord. If problems persist, contact customer support.
Summer Infant Baby Monitor Installation
To properly mount your Summer Infant baby monitor, follow the instructions listed below.
- 1Find a place to mount the baby monitor. Make sure it’s at least 3 ft. away from your baby’s crib.
- 2Drill a hole in the wall using a 3/16”, 4.8mm, drill bit.
- 3Drill the screw into the wall, and tighten the screw leaving ¼” of the screw exposed.
- 4Mount the baby monitor on the wall.
- 5Secure the cord to the wall using the 6 security clips. This will ensure that the cord is out of your baby’s reach.
- 6Turn on the baby monitor to test the reception and camera position.